Saturday, April 3, 2010

Do You Like Classical Music?

"File:Nodame-Cantabile-banner.jpg - DramaWiki." DramaWiki. N.p., 6 July 2007. Web. 3 Apr. 2010. .
(Click picture for more information!)

If your answer to the question is yes, this will be a perfect drama for you. Even though you hate classical music, I recommend you to watch it because my perspective on classical music changed after watching this drama. This drama that I'm talking about is "Nodame Cantabille". This was originally written as a comic by a Japanese author due to it's popularity, it was made into a drama in 2006.

Synopsis: This drama is basically about a girl named Noda Megumi and a guy named Chiaki Shinichi who attends to a same university. Noda Megumi (Nodame) is a genius in playing piano but refuses to learn music theories. She wants to enjoy and learn music with her ears instead of reading the complicated scores and getting stressed while playing piano. She is a very cute, unique, and messy character. On the other hand, Chiaki Shinichi is a guy who seems to be perfect who secretly dreams of becoming a conductor. Even though Chiaki has all the talents, he has a bad memory about airplanes while he was young which makes him trapped in Japan. Which doesn't help him improve. Noda becomes to like Chiaki and because of him, Noda enters a piano competition which makes her improve tremendously.

I really like this drama because it has great amount of humor. The events that Noda and Chiaki go through and their relationship is very cute and funny. The video below is my favorite scene from Nodame Cantabile. It's Chiaki's debut as a conductor and it gave me goose bumps. I think this drama makes classical music entertaining. I actually thought classical music was boring but after watching this drama, classical music was more familiar and fun for me! I think it's a great drama!



This drama was a big hit in Japan and a movie version was released just a few months ago. I didn't watch it yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm a big fan of Nodame Cantabile!:) It really was an amazing drama, haha. It touched my heart XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe:) I'm a really big fan too!

    ReplyDelete