Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Most Loved Star in Taiwan, Jay Chou!

"주걸륜." naverblog. N.p., 22 Dec. 2009. Web. 21 Mar. 2010. .

Jay Chou is a very famous Taiwanese celebrity. He's was born in Taiwan on January 18th, 1979 (I have the same birthday as him!). He is very talented; he works as an actor, singer, song writer, director, and a producer. The most important thing is that he has succeeded in all of the areas listed before. I got to know him while I was studying Chinese. I started learning Chinese about three years ago and while my Chinese teacher was teaching me about Chinese culture, she told me about Jay Chou. I became his fan after watching the movie
Secret. Jay Chou directed, co-wrote, and played as the main character in this movie. Isn't that amazing?! This was Jay Chou's debut film as a director in 2007 and it was a big hit. It won several awards and with this movie, Jay became an even bigger star in Asia. He was already known as a successful musician but he took another step and it was a success. His courage and continuous passion towards improvement and new, inexperienced things made him really attractive. Honestly, I don't think he's good looking but his thoughts and attitude is surely very attractive to everyone. I believe these aspects of him led to his big fame and popularity. I think Jay Chou is an amazing celebrity!
(Click here for more info. on Jay Chou!)

Movie
Secret movie trailer!


It's an amazing love story!

These are my favorite scenes from the movie,
Secret. Enjoy! (The person wearing the black jacket, who plays the second is Jay Chou!)

As you can see, Jay Chou is a fabulous pianist. It's himself who's playing all that!


I love this scene! Aren't they so cute?

I strongly recommend you to watch this movie. I've watched it three times already and it's fun every time I watch it!
(Click here for more info. on Secret!)

Music
I want to introduce some of my favorite songs by Jay Chou!
1) 我不配 (I'm Not Worthy)


2) 最长的电影 (The Longest Movie)


3) 東風破 (East Wind Breaks)



Jay composes all the songs his sings, which is fairly rare in Asia. It's amazing how he is capable of doing so many things. I love his voice: it's really sweet and comforting. There are much more songs by Jay other than these three. If you're interested, you can ask me through the comments!

Jay is an amazing celebrity. I wish you got to learn about him through this post!

2 comments:

  1. My sister knows him too!
    I'm noticing how you know so many stars from Asia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, what a pleasure to see a post about Jay!
    Just like you, I got to know him through my Chinese teacher. The piano battle scene is just astounding. Out of nowhere, I feel like I have to learn how to play piano as well. : )

    ReplyDelete