Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I love 嵐 (ARASHI)!

"아 라 시." naver. N.p., 22 Jan. 2010. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .
Today, I want to introduce to you my favorite Japanese boy band, Arashi. They were formed by a very famous Japanese talent agency named the Johnny & Associates, Inc.. Johnny & Associates, Inc. is well known to only promote boy bands (no girl groups are promoted from this company). Members of Arashi got trained from this agency since they were ten to thirteen years-old.

There are five members in Arashi, they are:


1. Sho Sakurai
"Sho Sakurai." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .

"사쿠라이쇼 인화사진." naver. N.p., 6 Feb. 2009. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .

Sho is very well known for his intelligence. He graduated from Keio University, which is one of the top universities in Japan, while doing all the work as a member of Arashi. Since he is very smart, he also takes a job of an anchor in the news every Monday afternoon. It's really interesting how a singer could take a job as a new anchor. He says that he reads three newspapers everyday to be updated with new information for the news. I think he's doing a pretty good job. I proud of him!

2. Satoshi Ohno
"Ohno Satoshi." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .
"Satoshi Ohno - Nippon Cinema." Nippon Cinema. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. . "오노사토시 수트." naver. N.p., 23 June 2008. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .

Ohno is the leader of Arashi but he barely talks on television shows but he has a very calm personality which gathers all the members together. He is the oldest of all the members and he is very artistic, he even had an art exhibition with his own art work. His hobby is to go fishing, he says he goes fishing whenever he has free time.

3. Kazunari Ninomiya
"Kazunari Ninomiya." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .
"니노미야 카즈나리." naver. N.p., 10 Nov. 2009. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .

He is very well known for his great acting skills. He even starred in a Hollywood film called "Letters From Iwo Jima" and was invited to the Berlin International Film Festival. He is also very good at playing baseball, his dream was to actually become a baseball player when he was young. I like him the most out of all the members of Arashi because he has a very cute face!

4. Jun Matsumoto
Valkyrie, akuya no. "Jun Matsumoto." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. . Jin, Sun Kyung. "마츠모토준." naver. N.p., 25 Feb. 2007. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .
"Love space." Love space. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .

Matsumoto is well known for his handsome face and fashion sense. He is also well known as "Domyoji", which is a character that he played in a very famous drama called "Hana Yori Dango (or Boy Over Flowers in English translation)". I really liked this drama! This drama is actually based on a very famous Japanese comic and it was formed into a drama three time already (once in Japan, once in Korea, and once in Taiwan). I'll tell you about this drama later on in my blog! Anyway, I like Matsumoto but he's not my favorite because he is not very good at singing. He has a nasal singing voice, which makes me frustrated sometimes. However, I really like him when he's acting!

5. Masaki Aiba
"Masaki Aiba." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .
"아이바 chou chou." naver. N.p., 6 Oct. 2009. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. . "아이바 마사키." naver. N.p., 1 Nov. 2009. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .

Aiba is well known for his good personality. He always smiles and he is energetic all the time. When I look at him, he makes me feel happy! Aiba is the tallest of all the members of Arashi. He just finished filming a Japanese drama named "My Girl" a few months ago. I don't think the story of the drama was very entertaining but Aiba still looked really cute in it so I liked it!

Arashi is definitely the most popular group in Japan right now.
They won first, second, fourth, and fifth place on the yearly J-pop chart last year and they have three television shows of their own.
1. Himitsu no Arashi-chan (ひみつの嵐ちゃん!)








<-----Click to watch
"Naver." Naver. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .

2. Arashi no Shukudai-kun (嵐の宿題くん)







<-----Click to watch
"Naver." Naver. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .

3. vs Arashi (VS嵐)







<-----Click to watch
"Naver." Naver. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. .


This year, every song they've released was ranked number one on the J-pop chart and all the members are really busy with movies, dramas, television shows, singing, play performances, and more.

This is a new song by Arashi called "Troublemaker".

I really like this song! I think it's really cute which matches very well with Arashi's image. When I listen to songs by Arashi, it give me energy. I think that's the best part of Arashi and that's on of reasons that I like them.

I wish Arashi was interesting to read about! Ask me any questions or leave comments if you enjoyed this post or you're really interested about Arashi. I'll be more than happy to provide you some more resources!

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to be interested in Arashi...from now on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear that!;D lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is all amazing!!! how do you find out all this stuff about them???

    ReplyDelete